It was an honor to invovled in the movement towards a healthier Detroit.
Ujjayi means the ocean and this pranayama is about mimicking the oceanic sound or the sound of the waves. Victorious Breath.
· be seated in a comfortable position crossing your legs.
· Now start to inhale and exhale deeply using your mouth.
· While doing this, constrict your throat as if something is choking it when you exhale and inhale the air. This will produce a sound similar to the ocean when you breath.
· Now close your mouth and start to breath using your nose, but maintain the same tone to your throat so you still continue to make the same sound as your breath.
· exercise for about ten to fifteen times.
Shitali means cool
seated in a comfortable position. Cross your legs and take five to six deep breaths to get yourself prepared.
Now open your mouth in a "o" shape and start to inhale through the mouth. When you exhale, do so with your nose
This can be repeated five to ten times.